gfJules Gluten Free Cake Mix
The Best Gluten Free Cake Mix
- 29-oz mix makes two 9-inch rounds OR 24 cupcakes
- No brown rice flour, so NO GRIT (just light & fluffy)
- Non-GMO, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free
- Certified gluten free (GFCO) & Kosher (OU)
- Certified Free From (CFF) the Big 9 Food Allergens: NO wheat, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, crustaceans, sesame
- Save 10% EVERY DAY with Pack of 4 option
- Save 15% EVERY DAY with Case of 12 option - cake for everyone!
- LONG 18-month shelf life
- Scroll down for INGREDIENTS
- Also makes Gluten Free Carrot Cake, Gluten Free Banana Cake & Gluten Free Spice Cake
Best Gluten Free Cake Mix? You're Looking at It!
You can tell the best gluten free cake mix from inferior ones that will disappoint you by looking at the ingredients. Grocery store-bought mixes have a low price as their first goal -- so they use cheap ingredients ... like RICE. Check 'em out: white rice, brown rice -- if they're in the top 3 or 4 ingredients, you're going to get a cake that refuses to rise like it should and that won't have a beautiful, open cell structure. And theirs will be dry, and crumbly.
That's not how gfJules rolls. If you're like Jules, you want your gluten free cake it to be moist and spongy and decadent -- like the cake you remember. That's what's in store for you with gfJules' Best Gluten Free Cake Mix.
Interesting fact: Jules used this very recipe to build the World's Tallest Gluten Free Cake in 2011 in Washington, DC to draw attention to the FDA's foot-dragging on Food Labeling that is important to people who need to avoid gluten in their diets. The cake weighed in a just over a ton, and was 11 feet tall! And it tasted DIVINE. Oh, and the FDA kept the promise they made that day and ushered through the legislation the gluten free community was asking for!
Buy the Pack of 4 of gfJules Gluten Free Cake Mix and SAVE 10%
It's got a conservative 18-month "best by date," so stock up so you have epic gluten free cake or cupcakes anytime there's a celebration that calls for cake! All gfJules gluten free flour and mixes are produced in a dedicated gluten free facility that's also certified gluten free. All of her products are also certified free from Big 8 Food Allergens ... because Jules takes food safety (YOUR safety) very seriously.
Give gfJules Best Gluten Free Cake Mix a try. You'll never need another gluten free cake mix again.
Don't live without REAL, AWESOME, DECADENT Cake. Try gfJules Gluten Free Cake Mix TODAY!
Cane Sugar, Modified Tapioca Starch, Potato Starch, Corn Starch, White Rice Flour, Corn Flour, Xanthan Gum, Vanilla Powder, Baking Powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), Sea Salt, Baking Soda
gfJules Flour and Baking Mixes are made in a DEDICATED GLUTEN FREE FACILITY. It is also a PEANUT-FREE, SESAME-FREE, MUSTARD-FREE, FISH and CRUSTACEAN-FREE, SULPHITE-FREE Facility.
*gfJules products are among the first in the US to achieve "Certified Free From" status: Certified Free From the Big 9 Food Allergens (CFF): wheat, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish and crustaceans.
Ingredients to Add to Entire Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup mild flavored vegetable oil of choice (oils like safflower, avocado, extra virgin olive, melted coconut oil, etc.)
- 2 Tbs. white or apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 cup milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy; skim or fat-free not recommended)
- 4 eggs or substitute(for white cake, use 8 egg whites instead)**
**To Replace 8 Egg Whites in White Cake:
1 cup aquafaba + 1 tsp cream of tartar, whipped until frothy
**To Replace Eggs in Yellow or Chocolate Cake:
- 1/2 cup dairy or non-dairy yogurt (not Greek, not fat-free) OR vegan mayo
- 2 recipes of commercial gluten free egg replacer like Ener-G® Egg Replacer (total equivalent of 2 egg substituted)
**For Chocolate Cake also add:
- ½ cup powdered cocoa
- ½ cup additional milk
- 6 Tbs. chocolate syrup
Preheat oven to 325° F. Bring ingredients to room temperature.
Line with parchment (or oil + lightly flour with gfJules Flour) two or three 8-inch pans, or two 9-inch pans, or one 9 x 13 cake pan, or line 24 muffin cups with cupcake papers.
Whisk together in mixer bowl: eggs/sub, oil and vinegar. For white cake, first whip egg whites quickly to fluff.
With mixer on low, slowly add entire cake mix to the liquids, adding milk throughout to minimize dust. Then beat on medium until batter is smooth—no more than 1 minute.
Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
Bake for approximately 40 minutes for 2 x 8-inch pans, 35 minutes for 3 x 8-inch pans or 2 x 9-inch pans, 42 minutes for 9 x 13 pan, or 25-30 minutes for cupcakes. Before removing from oven, an inserted toothpick should come out clean (not wet) or with a few dry crumbs. A gentle press on the top of the cake should feel firm and bounce back.
Remove to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Frost only when totally cooled.
Store in sealed containers at room temperature or in the freezer.
We ship out 98.4% of orders w/in 24 hours. Check out our low all-in flat rates to Canada. Live somewhere else? Email us and we’ll work with carriers to get you the best rate available.